Carpet is a great addition to your Middletown home because it is soft, durable, and brings a cozy feel to any room. The carpet fiber chosen will have a huge impact on how the flooring looks and feels. Nylon and wool are the two most popular carpet fibers in the greater Middletown area. Both are durable and stylish but have different benefits and considerations. Read below to learn everything you need to know about nylon and wool from the experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY!
Benefits of Wool
- Wool is very strong and durable, so it will hold up well to everyday wear and tear.
- It’s a renewable resource and biodegradable, making it an eco-friendly carpet option!
- The crimped and elastic fibers insulate your home better than synthetic fibers.
- Wool is very soft and available in a wide variety of styles.
- The thick and opaque fibers help to hide dirt and stains well.
Drawbacks of Wool
- Wool is one of the pricier carpet fibers.
- It absorbs moisture more easily, which makes it more susceptible to staining.
Benefits of Nylon
- It has elasticity, which means it won’t stay dented for long and holds a twist really well.
- Nylon is incredibly strong and durable.
- It is a very affordable carpet fiber.
- Like wool, nylon is also available in many different colors and styles.
Drawbacks of Nylon
- Nylon is more prone to pilling and static than other options.
- While it is very durable, it is not as long lasting as natural fibers such as wool.
Both wool and nylon will look great in your Middletown home. If you have any more questions or want to learn more about the differences between the two, give us a call! Schedule a free in-home design consultation with the experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY to learn more! We proudly serve the greater Orange County, Middletown, Goshen, and Warwick areas.