Sisal carpet is growing in popularity in the greater Orange County, Middletown, Goshen, and Warwick area because of its rustic look and eco-friendliness. Sisal carpet is very durable and works great in any room of the house.
Benefits of Sisal Carpet
- It’s naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- Sisal carpet absorbs sound better than most carpeting material.
- It’s naturally flame-resistant.
- Sisal carpet can be combined with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass.
Sisal carpet and rugs are made from the fibers of a cactus plant native to Africa and Brazil. These fibers are cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Because of its durability, sisal doesn’t show the wear patterns common in wall-to-wall carpeting.
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your home. Our trained design associates will ask a lot of questions to help you pick out the perfect option! Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Sascha Preussner
You might also be interested in: