New innovations have made vinyl flooring more versatile and durable than ever before. If you haven’t considered it for your next flooring project, our experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY suggest giving vinyl another chance.
Luxury vinyl planks are an affordable, low maintenance alternative to traditional hardwood flooring. Unlike hardwoods, vinyl can stand up to moisture-prone environments like kitchens and bathrooms. It’s also tough enough to handle high traffic areas, like hallways and entryways. With modern improvements in vinyl flooring, Middletown homeowners can get the look and durability of wood floors at a much lower price point.
What are Luxury Vinyl Planks?
If you want the hardwood look, vinyl planks are perfect for you. They are the same size and shape as wood planks and include realistic features like texturing and beveled edges. They also come in a wide range of colors, grain patterns, and finishes, so you can replicate just about any type of hardwood you like.
Things to Consider when Choosing Vinyl
- Vinyl floors are popular in high-traffic areas like kitchens, bathrooms, and hallways, but they can easily be used in any room of your home. However, some types can’t be installed on stairs.
- Vinyl is ideal for pets. It’s durable enough to stand up to paws and claws, and easy to clean up messes.
- Sweeping, dusting, or vacuuming is a good way to maintain your vinyl floors. For extra care, occasionally mop them with a gentle floor cleaner.
- Many vinyl floors have a built-in backing that absorbs sound, making them quieter than hardwoods.
- Vinyl flooring is springier than hardwood, so it’s more comfortable to stand on for long periods of time.
If you think luxury vinyl flooring is right for you, give Floor Coverings International Orange County NY a call today! Our design experts can visit your Middletown home with product samples and even provide a free estimate on your project. We look forward to working with you!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Nisa P