Pine hardwood is made of soft wood that increases in beauty as it ages. While not as popular as it was 100 years ago, pine is an affordable option that can add a unique and distressed look to your home or office. If you like pine flooring but want to control the amount of distress your floor receives, applying a sealer may help. You can also find many beautiful laminate options that mix the beauty of pine with the strength and durability of modern laminate flooring.
- Southern yellow pine has warm butterscotch hues that add a unique touch to any room.
- Heart pine has red and gold tones and is usually left in its natural state without a stain. This is the hardest of the pine varieties.
- White pine, another popular choice, is reminiscent of Early American homes. It’s the perfect complement to historic settings with old-fashioned décor.
Some Other Considerations
Because pine is one of the softer woods available, it’s not always best for high-traffic areas of the home. Our design associates can talk you through the different pros and cons of pine and figure out where you should install it. Pine flooring is usually sold unfinished. This lets you choose how light or dark to stain it. Let the experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY help you find the pine hardwood flooring that’s just right for you and your home. We’ll bring our mobile showroom right to your door, filled with thousands of different samples. They’ll ask a lot of questions to help determine the best flooring options for each room of the house. We proudly serve the greater Orange County, Middletown, Goshen, and Warwick and look forward to working with you!
You might also be interested in:
- Oak Flooring in Middletown NY
- Hardwood flooring in Middletown NY
- Laminate flooring in Middletown NY
- Engineered hardwood flooring in Middletown NY
Photo Credit: Photographee.eu