Whether you’re tiling a bathroom floor or a kitchen backsplash, ceramic is a reliable option. It happens to be one of the most affordable tile options out there, but it’s also popular with Middletown homeowners for its durability and versatility. Need to decide if ceramic tile is right for your project? Here are a few things to consider, courtesy of our experts at Floor Coverings International Orange County NY.
Ceramic Tile Considerations
- Ceramic tile is available in a range of sizes, shapes, and glazes. The most common styles are square-shaped. Tiles can also be matte, glossy, plain white, or brightly colored. Be sure to think about what style would work with your space.
- Ceramic is tough, durable, and resistant to both scratches and stains. Though ceramic tile can be chipped, it’s unlikely that everyday activity will permanently damage your floors.
- Ceramic is easy to clean, especially if it has been finished with a water-resistant glaze. Simply use a basic cleaner and a sponge or mop to wipe up messes. However, the grout between tiles can become discolored over time (a common issue for all tile flooring, not just ceramic).
- Ceramic is usually the cheapest form of tile, so it’s a good value for homeowners on a budget. However, it is mid-range in price when compared to other types of flooring (ceramic tile is generally cheaper than hardwood, but more expensive than carpet).
- The downside of ceramic tile is that it is cold and hard on the feet, so it can be uncomfortable to stand on for long periods. This problem can be addressed by installing radiant heat under your tile, or by strategically placing area rugs in high traffic areas. However, your floors will not be forgiving if you happen to drop a breakable object.
Convinced that ceramic tile is right for your Middletown home? Give Floor Coverings International Orange County NY a call to compare product samples and get a free in-home estimate. We look forward to meeting you!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Joe Gough